- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 Cups lowfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
In a colander, toss together cucumver and 1 teaspoon salt. Place colander in sink and let drain for 20 to 30 minutes
Press cucumbers to extract excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl, mix in yogurt, garlic, dill, mint, oil, lemon juice, and remaining salt.
Refridgerate about 1 hour for flavors to blend, serve at room temp with pita bread.
Also a lovely topping for gyros.