Swiss Brown Mushrooms And Fish Laksa
- 7 1/8 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 7/8 pound Swiss brown mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Malaysian laksa paste
- 1 can coconut milk - (13 1/2 oz)
- 2 cups fish or chicken stock
- 2/3 pound firm white fish fillets skinned and cubed
- 3 1/2 ounces snow peas trimmed and diagonally sliced
- 2 5/8 ounces bean sprouts trimmed
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 lime juiced
Place the noodles into a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the noodles and place into 4 deep serving bowls.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until tender.
Add the laksa paste and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the fish to the soup and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir in the snow peas and cook for 1 minute.
Place the green onions and 1/2 the bean sprouts on the noodles in the serving bowls. Ladle the hot soup into the serving bowls, drizzle with lime juice and top with remaining bean sprouts. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.