Pasta Magnifico (Thin fettuccine with citrus Zest)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 ounce (2 Tbsp) cognac
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 10 ounces thin fettuccine
- 1 cup roughly grated fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Fill a large stockpot with 3 qts water and bring to a boil. While waiting for water to boil, pour cream and half-and-half into a skillet with lemon and orange zest. Cook over medium heat , stirring frequently with a wooden spoon until cream lightly coats sides of pan (2-4 minutes after it comes to a boil).
2. Add cognac and mint leaves and cook another 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
3. When water is boiling add 1 Tbsp kosher salt and cook fettuccine until al dente. Lightly drain, transfer to cream mixture and sautee for 1 minute, moving everything around with tongs to combine ingredients. Add Parigiano, stir well and serve.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mounds (coconut) Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- avocado fries 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Pasta Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Soup with Spinach and Orzo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with smoked gouda, leeks and... 0/5 (0 Votes)