Spinach Crepes With Blue Cheese And Mushrooms
- SPINACH CREPES:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Generous grind of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup well drained cooked shredded spinach (or frozen spinach well squeezed and drained is fine)
- 1 3/4 ounces approx of soft cream cheese
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 5 1/4 ounces approx blue cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Spinach Crepes: Place all ingredients in blender and process until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Heat a small, shallow non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Wipe a paper towel with a few dribbles of oil on it over the surface. Pour or ladle in approx 1/4 cup of mixture. Swirl the pan to evenly coat the surface with crepe mixture. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, then carefully flip the crepe over with a bendy spatula or palette knife. The second side only takes about 20 seconds to cook.
Turn out on to a wire rack covered with tea towel or paper towel while you cook the rest of the batch. To store, place sheets of waxed or greaseproof paper between crepes, place in a sealable plastic bag and freeze.
Filling: Place the crepes browned-side up and spread each one with softened cream cheese, a bit like buttering toast. Sprinkle with sliced mushrooms, crumbled blue cheese and salt and pepper. Roll up the crepe and place on individual plates (two small crepes for small courses or two to three larger ones for main courses).
When ready to eat, microwave on high for two to three minutes, until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms hot. Serve immediately. Sprinkle with a few bits of crumbled blue cheese and a sprinkling of parsley if desired.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)