Mussels in Green Curry Sauce
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp finely minced lemongrass
- 3 cups light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green curry
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned throughly
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, plus more if needed
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat oil in a large pot iver medium. Add onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and cook, stirring occasionaly for 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are sweating.
Add coconut milk, curry paste and brown sugar to the pot and stir. Mix in musseld and bring to a simmer. Cood for 5 minutes or until mussels open, then stir in butter. Taste and add more butter if desired.
Mix in cilantro, basil, peanuts (optional) and salt to taste. Divide mussels and broth equally amoung four bowls, discarding any unopened shells and serve immediately.