Spiced Mushroom, Corn And Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion cut thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 small red chillies deseeded, and finely chopped
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken stock
- 2/3 pound Swiss brown mushrooms thinly sliced
- 7 1/8 ounces portabello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 corn cobs kernels removed
- 1/2 pound fresh Singapore noodles
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and chillies and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Add the stock, mushrooms and corn to the pan. Stir well to combine and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the noodles to the stock mixture. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Remove from heat and stir in the coriander.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Variation: Replace the corn kernels with sliced baby corn. Add 1/2 bunch chopped beans and 1 cup shredded cooked chicken with the noodles
You'll also love
- Mary Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Mushroom And Olive Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Hens With Fresh Figs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broken Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- P. F. Chang's Garlic Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)