White Chocolate Rice Pudding with Dried Cranberry Compote
This White Chocolate Rice Pudding with Dried Cranberry Compote is rich but the cranberries cut the richness and is a great addition. The cardamom is a must!
- DRIED CRANBERRY COMPOTE:
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup long-grain white rice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped (such as Lindt or Baker's)
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
Reduce heat to low. Whisk egg yolks and cream in small bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup rice mixture; return to same pan and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly (do not boil). Remove from heat. Add chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in orange peel and cardamom. Transfer pudding to bowl; cover and chill until cold. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
Spoon pudding into bowls. Top with Dried Cranberry Compote.
Combine all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan and bring to boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand until cranberries have absorbed liquid but are still slightly chewy, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until cold. Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
- Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Queso... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Marinated Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Biscotti 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Rice Krispies, Fruity Pebbles, or... 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Pink Champagne Punch 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Ultimate Coconut Cake - Martha... 4.6/5 (37 Votes)