Southwestern Mushroom Pizzas
- 4 flour tortillas - (6" dia)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup thinly-sliced romaine or iceberg lettuce
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On baking sheet, place tortillas; pierce surface with fork.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until most of liquid evaporates and onion is tender, about 6 minutes.
Spread each tortilla with 2 tablespoons salsa; arrange mushroom mixture over salsa; top with chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake until hot, 5 to 7 minutes. Top with lettuce; serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.