South-Of-The-Border Mushroom Chili
- SERVING OPTIONS:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 7 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms cleaned, stems
- removed and caps sliced - (abt 3 cups)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup water
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
In large saucepan, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add stewed tomatoes, olives and water. Simmer uncovered, to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
Serve with tortillas; garnished with shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes and shredded Cheddar cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings (about 6 cups).
You'll also love
- Mary Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)