Skillet Chicken And Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons bottled Italian dressing divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced (abt 6 cups)
- 2 tomatoes diced (abt 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot cut matchsticks* (1 cup)
- 3 green onions (scallions) sliced (abt 1/3 cup)
* For carrot matchsticks, cut carrot into thin diagonal slices; stack 3 or 4 slices and cut in narrow sticks.
In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Add chicken; cook until browned on each side, about 2 minutes; remove and set aside.
In same skillet add remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms begin to release their liquid, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, carrot and reserved chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until juices from chicken run clear when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Remove chicken and vegetables to a heated platter; cook sauce in skillet over high heat to thicken slightly, about 2 minutes; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.