SWEET-AND-SOUR BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Per Serving:160 calories (25 from fat), 2.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 19g sugar), 5g protein
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup green (golden) raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey and 1 tablespoon hot water. Stir in raisins and chile flakes and let sit for 20 minutes.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, shallots and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until sprouts are bright green and just tender, about 8 minutes. Pour in raisins and soaking liquid, and cook, stirring, until most of liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes more.