Roasted Red Pepper-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 medium fresh white mushrooms - (abt 1 lb) cleaned, trimmed
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz) softened
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers - (from 7-oz jar) patted dry
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Remove stems from mushrooms; wrap and refrigerate for another use. Place caps, stem-side up, on serving platter.
In food processor fitted with chopping blade, process cream cheese, roasted red peppers, Parmesan cheese, garlic and ground red pepper until smooth, about 1 minute. Spoon mixture into pastry bag fitted with large star tip and pipe into mushroom caps. Or, with small spoon, fill caps with cheese mixture.
Garnish with toasted pine nuts, sliced green olives and parsley leaves, if desired.
This recipe yields about 2 dozen appetizers.
You'll also love
- Mary Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)