- 1 dozen lycoperdon perlatum or pyriforme
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Dry sherry to taste
Slice off bottom of each mushroom and scoop out the center. Chop and blend with butter. Mix in remaining ingredients and stuff mixture into the hollowed out shells, drizzling a few drops of sherry onto the top of each.
Place in a baking pan in one layer and bake at 400 degrees or broil until browned and sizzling. Serve hot as an appetizer.
This recipe yields ?? servings.