Olive & Cherry Bruschetta
Dried tart cherries and lime provide a counterpoint to the olive and pepper tapenade that tops the goat cheese on this toasty bruschetta.
- 32 3/4-inch thick slices (16 ounces) rustic baguette-style sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup Lindsay Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla Olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup Lindsay Greek Kalamata Pitted Olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, snipped
- 1/4 cup bottled whole hot cherry peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large shallot, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime peel, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces goat cheese (chevre)
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 32 pieces
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place baguette slices on a very large baking sheet.
Brush slices with 4 tablespoons olive oil, then season lightly with salt and black pepper.
Toast bread on middle rack of oven about 5 minutes, until crisp and light brown, turning once. Remove from oven; set aside.
For olive-cherry tapenade, in a medium bowl stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, olives, cherries, peppers, shallot, basil, lime peel, and lime juice.
Spread goat cheese on toast slices. Top with prosciutto and olive-cherry tapenade; sprinkle with snipped chives.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Belgian Endive 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Pie Martini 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Oven dried grape tomatoes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- How to Make Vegan Sauces & Gravies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion and Olive Pizza... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cinnamon Muffins 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Honey-Pepper Roasted Shrimp with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Fried Pasta Chips 4.1/5 (20 Votes)