- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 10 ounces portabella mushrooms cleaned, stems
- removed and caps sliced - (abt 3 cups)
- 1 loaf Italian bread - (1 lb) cut diagonally
- into 12 slices
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces goat cheese cut into 12 slices
Preheat rack for outdoor grill or broiler.
In small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; brush on both sides of mushroom slices and the bread. Arrange mushrooms and bread in single layer on rack. Grill until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side brushing with any remaining garlic-olive oil; set aside.
In small bowl, stir together tomatoes, capers and Italian seasoning. To assemble: Spread one slice goat cheese on each slice of toasted bread. Top with grilled portabellas and tomato-caper mixture, dividing evenly. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 12 appetizers.