Pheasant's Back Jambalaya
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 large can whole tomatoes chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped Dryad's saddles
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup raw long-grain rice uncooked
Melt butter in large pot or Dutch oven. Add vegetables, garlic, parsley and mushrooms. Cover; cook over medium heat until tender.
Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.