Pasta With Fresh Mushroom Tomato Sauce
- 1 jar tomato-based pasta sauce - (14 oz)
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and halved - (abt 3 3/4 cups)
- 8 ounces penne or ziti pasta - (abt 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, bring sauce and mushrooms to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Stir basil into sauce. Drain pasta; arrange on serving platter. Spoon sauce over pasta; top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.