Pasta With Fresh Mushroom Tomato Sauce
- 1 jar tomato-based pasta sauce - (14 oz)
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and halved - (abt 3 3/4 cups)
- 8 ounces penne or ziti pasta - (abt 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, bring sauce and mushrooms to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Stir basil into sauce. Drain pasta; arrange on serving platter. Spoon sauce over pasta; top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)