Oyster Mushrooms Mornay
- 4 cups coarsely-chopped oyster mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound shrimp shelled, deveined
- 1 cup fresh pea pods halved
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Cooked and buttered pasta
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Saute the mushrooms and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and pea pods; simmer until shrimp is pink.
In separate pan, melt the remaining butter and whisk in flour. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in broth. Add cream and wine; heat without boiling, stirring constantly until thickened.
Mix cream sauce with cooked pasta, and stir in mushroom mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat through; serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.