Nutty Portabello Mushrooms
- 6 large portabello mushrooms
- Lemon pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped hazelnuts
- 6 white button mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons dried white breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- Shaved parmesan
Using a damp paper towel, wipe mushrooms. Place into a lightly oiled baking dish. Season with salt and a generous sprinkling of lemon pepper. Set aside.
Using a non-stick pan, dry toast pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts until golden (approximately 10 minutes) stirring continuously. Remove from heat. Add white buttons, olives, lemon zest, juice, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, oil and egg. Mix well.
Divide mixture into 6. Carefully mould a portion over each mushroom, covering cap completely. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and shaved parmesan. Drizzle a little olive oil over each cap.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender. Lemon wedges and a sprig of parsley make a good garnish.
This recipe yields 6 servings.