Mushroom Waldorf Salad
- 3 portabello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple cut into chunks, and coated with lemon juice
- 2 celery sticks cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thick yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon herb flavoured mustard
- A little lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place the mushrooms, apple, celery and walnuts in a bowl. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix gently with the vegetables. Arrange the watercress on a flat dish or platter and mound the salad mixture on the top.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Variation: A medium bulb of fennel, finely sliced, could be used in place of the celery.
You'll also love
- Mary Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)