Mushroom Puffs Wanaka
- 6 large brown mushroom flats
- Minced red pepper
- Minced onion
- Minced garlic (optional)
- Tasty cheese
- Creme fraiche or stiffly whipped cream
- Finely-chopped fresh parsely (Asian preferred if available)
- Flaky pastry (filo can be used as an alternative with a shorter initial cooking time)
Lightly grease 6 large muffin pans. Line with thinly rolled flaky pastry.
Place one de-stalked, washed but not peeled brown mushroom in each pastry case.
Fill the mushroom with the minced pepper, onion and garlic mixture. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsely. Dribble half teaspoon Sherry over each mushroom, add one teaspoon of creme fraiche and top with a small square of tasty cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 300 degrees and continue baking for a further 5 minutes.
Serve as an accompaniment to any red meat, hot on toast squares as an entree or cold as hors d'oevres.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Mary Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)