Mushroom Couscous Salad
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry precooked couscous
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1/3 white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 12 ounces small fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and thickly sliced - (abt 3 3/4 cups)
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper chopped (abt 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
In small saucepan, bring 2 cups water and the salt to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool to room temperature.
In large bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard and black pepper until well blended. Add mushrooms, red pepper, onions and olives. Toss until well coated. Stir in cooled couscous.
This recipe yields 8 servings (about 8 cups).