- 7 1/8 ounces mushrooms wiped, and finely chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces peanut butter
- 3 1/2 ounces fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 3 1/2 ounces wholemeal flour
- 2 onions peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 dessert spoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soya milk
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds - (approx 1/3 cup)
- Sunflower oil as needed
Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms and fry for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, breadcrumbs, flour and parsley. Season with black pepper. Add the soya milk and combine thoroughly until the mixture binds.
Take heaped dessert spoonfuls of the mixture and form into burger shapes. Roll each burger in sesame seeds, put on a plate and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Brush each burger with oil and bake or BBQ for 15 to 20 minutes, turning regularly. Serve in burger buns with salad and ketchup (also great cold the next day)
This recipe yields 15 burgers.