Mushroom And Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breasts cut 1/2" chunks
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can crushed tomatoes - (28 oz)
- 2 pounds fresh white mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans red kidney beans - (15 1/2 oz ea) rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan heat oil until hot. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors are blended and sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Serve with grated Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce and sour cream, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Mixed Mushrooms With Port 0/5 (0 Votes)