Marinated Mushroom And Garden Vegetable Salad
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 3 cups)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small zucchini cut 1/2" chunks
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper cut 1" chunks
- 1 medium red onion cut 1" chunks
- 3/4 cup low-fat Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 leaves Boston or leaf lettuce
In large bowl combine mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, pepper and onion. In small bowl combine Italian dressing, vinegar and honey; mix well. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture; toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, tossing occasionally.
Just before serving, add tomatoes and drain dressing mixture from salad into serving pitcher. Arrange salad on lettuce and serve with dressing mixture.
This recipe yields 8 servings (about 8 cups).