Chic filet sandwich
- 3 c peanut oil 2 T salt
- 1 egg 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 c milk halved
- 1 c flour 4 plain hamburger buns
- 2 1/2 T powdered sugar 2 T melted butter
- 1/2 t. pepper 8 dill pickle slices
1. Heat the peanut oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat to about 400
2. In a small bow, beat the egg and stir in the milk
3. In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pepper and salt
4. Dip each piece of chicken in the milk until fully moistened
5. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mix until completely coated.
(I dipped and rolled twice)
6. Drop all 4 pieces into the hot oil and close the pressure cooker. When
steam starts shooting through the pressure release, set timer for
3 1/2 min. (DO NOT CLOSE OFF THE STEAM RELEASE VALVE)
7. While the chicken is cooking, spread a coating of melted butter on the
face of each bun
8. When the chicken is done, remove it from oil and drain on paper towels
Place two pickles on each sandwich.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
It is very important that your oil be hot for this recipe. Test the temp. by dropping some of the flour coating into the oil. If it bubbles rapidly, your oil is probably hot enough. It should take about 20 min to heat up
(needed a little more than 3 c oil in my pressure cooker, the chicken needs to be covered)
If you don't have a pressure cooker I guess you could try it in a regular deep fryer