Salmon with Coconut Citrus Butter and Chive Mashed Potatoes
The bright citrus notes compliment the salmon with the coconut smoothing out the acidity.
- Ingredients for Salmon and Coconut Citrus Butter
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 * 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 * 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 * 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup heavy cream (I used coconut milk)
- 1/2 * 1/2 lb of unsalted butter (I only used 4 tbsp)
- * kosher salt
- * pinch of sugar, if necessary
- 4 * 4 x 6 oz salmon fillets, at least 1 inch thick, skin and any pin bones removed
- * coarse black pepper
- 3 * 3 tablespoons of canola
To make the citrus butter, combine the wine and citrus juices in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 10 minutes. This process should be watched over closely, because of the high sugar content it can burn easily. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the cold butter, a few pieces at a time, making sure it is completely incorporated before adding more. Season with salt if it lacks taste and sugar if it is too tart. You can keep the sauce at room temperature for up to an hour and reheat at a low heat just before serving.
Take the salmon fillets and place them on a clean, dry surface. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the oil and turn the pan to coat the bottom with oil, allowing it to heat for a minute or two. Place the fillets, skin side down for 2 to 3 minutes then turn the fillets over and cook the other side for the same amount of time or until the desired level of doneness is achieved. The thickness of the cut may affect cooking time so please adjust accordingly.
Spoon a mound of mashed potatoes into the center of the plates. Drizzle with the warm citrus butter around the potatoes and top with a salmon fillet.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carb-Counter Orange Dream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Cranberry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Sweet Leeks Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese Pumpkins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Piquillo and Crab Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zesty Margarita Shrimp Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)