Crockpot Sugared Pecans
- 16 ounces pecans
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Adapted from thegingerbreadblog.com
1. Turn slow cooker to HIGH about 15 minutes in advance. In hot slow cooker, stir together the nuts and butter.
2. Add the powdered sugar, stirring to blend and coat evenly. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to LOW and remove lid; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 hours, or until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze.
3. Transfer the nuts to a bowl.
4. In another small bowl, combine the spices; sift over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly.
Let cool before serving.