Hen Of The Woods Salad
- 3 green onion with tops chopped
- 1 small tomato peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces Hen of the Woods chopped
- 1 pound cooked boneless skinless chicken
- 2 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1/2 cup peanuts or pine nuts
Saute onion and tomato in oil and butter until onion is soft. Add mushrooms and cook 4 minutes more. Add large chunks of chicken and remaining ingredients to mushroom mixture and cook a few more minutes. Allow to cool.
Add a favorite salad dressing and chill. Serve over a bed of lettuce or on avocado halves.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.