CHEDDAR- POTATO-HAM SOUP
- 2cups2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2cups2 cups water
- 1/2cup1/2 cup sliced carrot (or more)
- 1/4cup1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4cup1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/4cup1/4 cup flour
- 2cups2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2cups1-1/2 cups ham from the bone (or more)
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt (if needed)
Put a ham bone in the crock pot cook on low over night with 2 cups water to get all the ham off.
Take the bone out of the crock pot Add to crock pot Ham from bone, potatoes, water, carrots and onions.
cook on low 3-5 hours in crock pot.(I left it in while I was at work)
In saucepan melt butter, stir in flour till smooth gradually add milk, salt and pepper. Bring to boil cook 2 minutes until thick stirring. Stir in cheese until melted, Add into undrained potato ham mixture.
Heat in crock pot