Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 2 2 tablespoons butter or coconut butter ghee
- 1 1 1 onion, chopped
- 2 2 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 3 3 carrots, diced
- 2 2 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 1 1 potato, peeled
- 1 1 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 900ml 2 900ml tetra packs chicken broth
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- to and pepper to taste
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from google.ca
In large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in onions and garlic. Sauté, stirring, about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add carrots and celery. Sauté, stirring about 5 minutes until tender.
Add potato, squash, chicken broth, honey and thyme; combine thoroughly. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender
Remove from heat and cool slightly. Working in small batches, transfer mixture to blender or food processor; process until smooth, returning pureed soup to pot.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat and serve.