Fresh Mushroom Tostados
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil divided
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 can chopped green chilies - (4 oz) drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 burrito-sized flour tortillas (or 8 six-inch corn tortillas)
- 1 can refried beans - (16 oz) warmed
- 2 large ripe tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until golden and liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes; stir in chilies and salt; remove to bowl.
Arrange tortillas in single layer on baking sheet; lightly brush both sides with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Bake until crisp, about 5 minutes.
To assemble tostados: Spread warm refried beans on tortillas, dividing evenly. Top with tomato slices, shredded lettuce and avocado slices; mound mushroom mixture over vegetables. Drizzle with dressing. Top with cheese and black olives.
This recipe yields 4 servings.