Cheese Fondue With Roasted Vegetable Dippers
Serve this flavorful three cheese dip with bread and a variety of vegetables - an elegant appetizer. Sprinkle chopped fresh chives over the cheese mixture in the fondue pot. Garnish the platter of roasted vegetables and bread with long strands of chives or sprigs of another fresh herb.
In French, the word fondue means "melted." In gastronomy, a fondue is a recipe cooked and served in a heated pot right at the dinner table. Cheese fondue and chocolate fondue are popular in the United States. In vogue in the 1970s, fondue is making a comeback, particularly for relaxed entertaining.
Havarti is a pale and creamy Danish cheese marked with small holes. Its mild, slightly tangy flavor makes Havarti a popular sandwich cheese.
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh whole mushrooms
- 2 cups French bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, toss dippers with oil to coat evenly; arrange in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and bread cubes are toasted.
In medium bowl, toss cheeses and flour to mix. Place wine in 2-quart saucepan; cook over medium heat about 1 minute or until very hot. DO NOT BOIL. Add cheese mixture 1/2 cup at a time, stirring each time until melted. Cook until very warm. Pour into fondue pot. Stir in garlic powder. Keep warm over medium-low heat.
To serve, skewer roasted vegetables and bread cubes with fondue forks to be dipped into warm cheese.
You'll also love
- Cal-Tex Chili & Pinto Beans 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- California Barbecued Beans,... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Golden Cream of Mushroom Soup with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Crab & Ricotta Cannelloni 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Tuna Poke 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Pine Nut & Feta Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheesy Ranch Stuffed Mini Peppers 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies 4.1/5 (14 Votes)