Fairy Ring Mushrooms With Wild Asparagus
- 1 small bunch basil stalks removed and finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 large bunch wild asparagus - (abt 100 strands they're very thin) (or substitute regular asparagus)
- A medium-size pile of fairy ring mushrooms checked for vermin
- and brushed free of dirt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup rich chicken or vegetable stock
Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
In a small bowl, add the shredded basil to two tablespoons of the olive oil and stir together. Mix in a little salt and pepper.
Fry the mushrooms with the remaining oil and the butter over medium heat until they have released their juices and look glossy and cooked. Then add the stock, a little salt and pepper, and reduce until most of the stock has evaporated. Set aide.
Simmer the asparagus in the water for about 8 minutes, drain and season with salt and pepper. Curl the asparagus around the mushrooms, place on a plate and garnish with the olive oil and basil infusion.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (391 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)