Char-Grilled Field Mushroom, Avocado, And Chicken Salad
- 4 large open-capped field mushrooms seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, brushed with olive oil
- 2 chicken beasts sliced thickly, and seasoned with lemon juice, salt, black
- pepper and a finely-chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rich home-made chicken stock
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled, pitted, sliced thinly, dribbled with lemon juice
- 12 sliced cherry tomatoes
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 tarragon sprig finely chopped
Grill the mushrooms on both sides until nicely browned, and set aside.
Fry the chicken in the olive oil in a hot pan until it starts to color. Add the onion and continue to fry for 5 minutes until soft. Pour in the chicken stock and lower heat by half. Toss the contents of the pan with remaining ingredients.
Place a mushroom cap on a warmed plate and arrange a portion of the salad mixture on top.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (391 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)