Beef meatballs in a rich, thick pasta sauce, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and crushed red peppers on toasty poboy buns or french bread.
- Meatballs (homemade or frozen)
- Thick pasta sauce (scratch recipe or store bought)
- Grated parmesan cheese (green can)
- Shredded or sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Poboy buns or french bread, or dinner rolls for sliders
- (Use your favorite homemade or store bought ingredients or click the link for mine.)
Adapted from facebook.com
Heat sauce and meatballs in a pot or a covered microwavable dish.
Fill the bread of choice with the desired number of meatballs (and some of the sauce), top with parmesan, mozzarella or provolone, and crushed red peppers.
Preheat oven to BROIL.
Lay out open-faced sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until hot and crispy and cheese is melted.