Artichoke And Portabella Pitas
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts - (6 oz ea)
- 1/2 cup sliced large pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 4 portabella mushrooms - (1 lb) cleaned, and stems removed
- 4 large pita pockets warmed
- 8 slices provolone cheese - (8 oz)
Preheat broiler. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade; roughly chop artichokes.
In small bowl, combine artichokes, olives and peppers; stir in 3 tablespoons of reserved marinade; set aside.
Arrange portabella caps on baking sheet; brush both sides generously with reserved marinade. Broil caps, smooth-side down, for 4 minutes. Turn mushrooms; brush with marinade; broil until tender, about 4 minutes longer.
Cut mushrooms and warm pitas in halves. Place half mushroom cap, 1 folded slice of cheese and some of artichoke mixture in each pita half.
This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.