Turkey Mushroom Medley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 turkey breast cutlets - (abt 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 pound mixed specialty mushrooms cleaned, trimmed (makes 5 to 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons port, medium-dry sherry or red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley (or 1/2 tspn dried herbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook turkey cutlets until brown on both sides and cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile in another large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add mushrooms (except oysters, if using), onion and garlic; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in water and port; cook until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Mix in thyme, salt and pepper. Add oyster mushrooms, if using; cook until barely softened, about 2 minutes.
Serve mushroom mixture over turkey cutlets.
This recipe yields 4 servings.