Turkey Mushroom Medley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 turkey breast cutlets - (abt 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 pound mixed specialty mushrooms cleaned, trimmed (makes 5 to 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons port, medium-dry sherry or red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley (or 1/2 tspn dried herbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook turkey cutlets until brown on both sides and cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile in another large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add mushrooms (except oysters, if using), onion and garlic; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in water and port; cook until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Mix in thyme, salt and pepper. Add oyster mushrooms, if using; cook until barely softened, about 2 minutes.
Serve mushroom mixture over turkey cutlets.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)