Turkey Johnny Marzetti
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 1 large sweet green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces turkey sausage casing removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 can chopped tomatoes - (14 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
In large skillet, heat oil. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet.
Add turkey sausage, salt and black pepper to skillet, using fork to break meat into small pieces. Cook and stir 5 minutes.
Return mushroom mixture to skillet. Stir in tomatoes and the juice, tomato sauce and cooked macaroni. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Cover and simmer until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Serve from skillet.
This recipe yields 5 to 6 servings.