Tuna Mushroom Melt
- 1 can solid white tuna - (6 1/2 ox)
- 1/2 cup chopped apple - (abt 1/2 apple)
- 1/4 chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 medium fresh portabella mushrooms - (abt 1 lb) cleaned, and stems removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Cheddar cheese sliced (4 slices)
Preheat rack for outdoor grill.
In small bowl, combine tuna, apple, celery and walnuts; stir in mayonnaise just until blended.
Brush both sides of mushroom with oil. Grill mushrooms, stem-side down, no more than 6 inches from source of heat, 3 minutes. Turn and divide tuna mixture among mushroom caps. Place cheese on top. Close lid or place aluminum foil over caps and grill 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.