- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 4 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Beat eggs and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Add vegetables and mix. Cook in a skillet like you would an omelet for about 4 minutes, until bottom begins to lightly brown. Flip and slightly scramble. Eggs will remain slightly watery due to the vegetables. Add sliced ham or bacon if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.