Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 portabella mushrooms - (4" to 5" dia)
- 1/8 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pieces bread torn small chunks
Carefully remove stems at base and set caps aside. Chop mushroom stems up, set aside
Fry the Italian sausage up in a large skillet. When done cooking, add the remaining ingredients and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Coat portabella caps with olive oil to avoid sticking and stuff with mixture. Place in oven or on the grill until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Top with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Strawberry, Scallop And Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)