Stuffed Chicken Rolls
- 8 ounces fresh spinach rinsed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and chopped - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 tspn dried oregano, crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
Preheat oven to oven to 425 degrees.
In medium-sized saucepan, cook spinach, covered, only with water clinging to leaves, until barely wilted. Drain well, squeezing out excess water. Chop; you should have 1/2 cup; set aside.
In large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and reserved spinach; cook and stir for 1 minute; set aside and cool.
Meanwhile flatten each chicken breast by placing between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap and pounding with mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4-inch thick. Spoon one-quarter of mushroom mixture onto center of each chicken breast. Roll each to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks. Place in 9-inch square shallow baking pan.
Combine wine with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered, basting frequently, until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.