Steak With Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped shallot or onion
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and quartered - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/4 tspn dried thyme)
- 4 boneless sirloin steaks - (abt 8 oz ea) grilled
In medium-sized skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot; cook and stir until soft, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
Stir in beef broth, wine and thyme. Simmer until sauce is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over steaks and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings (about 2 cups sauce).
You'll also love
- Sourdough Bread Stuffed With... 0/5 (0 Votes)