Three Cheese Tomato Tart
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 45mins
Preheat oven to 400°.
Lay out the tomato slices on a large sheet of paper towels. Cover with more paper towels and allow to drain for approximately 30 minutes (this is crucial to not getting a watery tart). Meanwhile, remove the sheet of puff pastry from the freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Unfold the puff pastry onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, pinching to close any holes in the seams. Using a fork, prick the dough all over to prevent it from puffing up during baking.
Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over the entire puff pastry. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese. Season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Grate a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top and garnish with freshly chopped basil.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove the pastry from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into 9 squares and serve immediately.