Steak And Fresh Mushrooms With Lime And Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel green part only
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt divided
- 4 beef cube steaks - (abt 1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
In 9-inch square glass baking dish, combine lime juice, peel and 1 teaspoon of garlic salt. Add steaks; turn to coat; let stand for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until golden and liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. Remove to bowl; stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and the cilantro.
To same skillet, add 1 teaspoon of oil; add green onions; cook and stir until they begin to char, about 1 minute; stir into mushroom mixture.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add steaks; cook until browned and barely cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Top steaks with mushroom mixture. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (884 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (496 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (389 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)