Grilled Watermelon Salad
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound cucumbers, divided
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2/3 cup chopped mint, divided
- 3 pounds watermelon, rind removed and fruit cut into 1-inch chunks (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Flaky sea salt to taste
Preheat EGG to 400º using direct heat and a cast iron grate.
Peel half of the cucumber and halve lengthwise. Once grate is preheated, grill halved cucumber and watermelon until grill marks form.
Mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt and transfer to a bowl.
Peel remaining cucumber, then halve lengthwise and seed. Coarsely grate into bowl with garlic paste. Stir in yogurt, 1/3 cup mint, and 3/4 teaspoon salt to make tsatsiki.
Cut the grilled watermelon and cucumber and cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
Toss sliced cucumber with watermelon, remaining 1/3 cup mint, and lime juice in a large bowl.
Serve fruit with tsatsiki. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- WATERMELON CRAWL 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Beverage: Watermelon Killer Chiller 4.6/5 (50 Votes)