Shrimp And Shiitake Soup
- 1 pound shiitake no stems
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cans chicken broth - (11 oz ea)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces deveined peeled uncooked shrimp
Clean and slice mushrooms, chop onion. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and saute mushrooms. Set aside.
Melt remaining butter in pan and saute onions until translucent. Add half of mushrooms to onions. Stir flour into mushrooms. Add one can of chicken broth while cooking and stirring until liquid thickens. Stir in remaining broth and water. Boil, reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
Puree mixture in blender. Return to a sauce pan with reserved mushrooms and add milk, cream, sherry and lemon juice and heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink.
This recipe yields 8 servings.