Orange Creamsicle Truffles
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup (about 4.4 ounces) white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Red & yellow food coloring, optional
Adapted from deliciouslyyum.com
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add orange zest. Once butter is completely melted, add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Remove from the stove. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain out the orange zest into a small bowl. Add chocolate to the bowl. Allow to sit for 1 minute before stirring. Stir and make sure the white chocolate is completely melted (if some pieces remain, return saucepan to the stove and cook mixture over low heat while stirring constantly until chocolate is melted).
Add orange extract and give it a good stir. Finally, add food coloring (if using) and stir until desired colored is reached. It only takes a small amount of food coloring. I used 1 drop of red and 3 drops of yellow. Cover mixture and place into the fridge for 2 hours.
Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl. Remove truffle mixture from the fridge and form into balls (I used about 1 tablespoon per truffle) and roll in the powdered sugar. Repeat. Place truffles into the freezer for 15-20 minutes if you want to enjoy them right away, or keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
You'll also love
- Rigatoni with Sausage & Kale 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cauliflower rice 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Peach Cobbler with Vanilla... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies with Streusel... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Crumb Bars 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon Herb Chicken & Pasta 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Cran-Orange, Date, & Nut Cookies 4.7/5 (10 Votes)