Potato Salad - Horseradish Dill
- 1 1/2 pound organic baby yukon gold potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup green onion (scallion), minced
- freshly ground pepper
Place the potatoes in a large pot and then add cold water to cover the potatoes by at least an inch.
Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the water and place over high heat. When the water comes to a boil reduce the heat so it doesn't boil over.
Cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the potato. The goal is to cook them until a knife slips easily into the potato, but the potato should get firm, or al dente, right near the center. The carry-over cooking will make them tender but not mushy. It will also keep the skin from peeling away.
Drain the potatoes in a colander and let them cool to room temp.
Meanwhile place the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Once the potatoes are cool, quarter them lengthwise, and add them to the dressing. Stir to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding fresh ground pepper and salt as needed. Cover and put it in the fridge until you are ready for it. Stir before serving.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster's® Lobster Bisque 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Orange Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Berry Wonton Cups 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Beet Tagliatelle with Walnuts 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken, spinach and swiss panini 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Texas Country Potato Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Potatoes-Roasted Baby Potatoes 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Rosemary-Garlic Roast Beef and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)